Saturday, May 24, 2008

An update....

Sorry I haven't updated lately. I was trying to wait until I had some really exciting news or pictures, but some people are too impatient to wait and like to remind me that I haven't updated the blog in a while (TINA!! :)) So... here it is.... we are basically just finishing up school and getting ready to GO! I sold the van 2 weekends ago and rented a little 2 door Toyota (the cheapest car I could find) to get us around until we leave. I wanted to wait until closer to the time we left to sell the van, but I put a sign on it and had an offer the next day, so I decided to take it. I'm glad to not have that responsibility anymore, but I have to say that I will enjoy having the convenience of a van again some day!!

The exciting news that we do have is....... we made an offer on a house in Keller today!!! It's a house that Jason looked at a couple of months ago and really liked. I have been looking at videos, pictures, floorplans, etc. and just didn't really love the house. We looked at some other ones in different areas, price ranges, etc. and the more we looked, the more we saw that while this house isn't perfect, it fits our needs in lots of ways. Eventually, I got the "peace" about it that I had been praying for and now we are hoping it all works out and we can come to an agreement with the sellers on the price! If so, we should be able to close in 2-3 weeks, so it'll all happen very soon after we get back, so we won't be homeless for long. Yay! I hope to post a new update about the house soon when all the negotiations are finished.

Kelsey is getting very sad to leave her friends. I know that part is going to be hard for all of us, but I think the experiences we have had here have been awesome and have changed us all, but it is TIME to come home and we can't wait to be back and get settled back in again!

2 comments:

Happy Campers said...

Oh wow! That's exciting...

We're in Keller each week for violin lessons, so maybe we can catch up sometime!

The Ards said...

That sounds great Heather - it's been way too long!!