Saturday, May 31, 2008

Brown Tree Snake

The Brown Tree Snake is somewhat of a big deal here on Guam. Click this link if you want to read about them.... (tried to insert the link and can't figure it out - google brown tree snakes if you are curious)




We have heard lots about them and know a few people who have seen them, but the majority of people are here for years and only see them in a cage at the local aquarium. They even sent a trained dog over here while we were moving out to check all our stuff and make sure that we weren't packing up any snakes by accident. Thanks to some kids playing tag over by our air conditioner unit today, we had the lovely experience of seeing this little guy all curled up on our back water faucet!! He is pretty small from what I have heard - they get much bigger.

Right now he's pretty traumatized as 10,000 neighborhood kids keep coming over to see him and are doing lots of screaming and carrying on. I have called the people who are supposed to come and get him, but they haven't shown up yet. If I were like my Grandma, I'd hack him up with a hoe :) (Yes, she does that for REAL!) but I prefer to wait for the trained "snake guys" to come and get him for me!!

No comments: