Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Day 5

4/10/07 Tuesday
Today is the first day that I took absolutely NO pictures! I can’t believe it! I think my camera was happy for the break!  It was a relaxing vacation day, but we re-visited several places that we had already been to, so I guess that’s why I didn’t take any pictures. We enjoyed sleeping late this morning and then went to the mall in the mid-morning. Kelsey and I went shopping while Jason tried to take Adysen and Allie to see a movie. The movie was sold out, so they had to hang around the mall for 2 hours waiting for Kelsey and I to meet back up with them. Man, we miss cell phone when it comes to keeping in touch with each other!!

We were hoping to go back to the lagoon, but it was raining and wet all day, so it wasn’t the greatest day for it. We did end up there after dinner and the girls and Jason swam even though it was dark and very chilly outside. Kelsey hadn’t planned to swim, so she didn’t wear her swimsuit, but ended up swimming in her clothes!  We ate dinner at Barnacle Bill’s which is a seafood place that we had heard was really good. Kelsey and I had some fried seafood and Jason had barrumundi fish, alligator, and kangaroo. It was definitely interesting to taste the alligator and kangaroo, but we weren’t overly impressed with the rest of the meal especially for the price!

Tomorrow we are hoping to go on a boat trip to the Great Barrier Reef. We hope that the weather clears up and that the ocean isn’t too rough!!

No comments: