Saturday, August 12, 2006

Interesting things we have learned in Guam

1. there are lots of cool melons to try and the Santa claus melon is GOOD!!
2. most of the resturaunts have an Asian buffet or menu regardless of the name. "Seafood Chef" has fish on the Asian buffet, it is NOT an actual seafood resturaunt.
3. Asian people eat weird desserts - jellied soy beans, cabbage and yams with crushed ice are NOT my idea of dessert!
4. If you go to a movie on base, you only pay $3.50 - this is very COOL. You also should be ready to stand for the National anthem before the movie which is cool also. If there is a movie you want to see, you should GO right away becuase there is only 1 screen and they rotate quickly.
5. Milk is very expensive here for some reason. It's about $4.50/gallon and is mostly sold in a 1/2 gallon for about $3.00.
6. Sour cream does not thaw out and return to it's original state of creaminess. If it is still frozen in the grocery store, it will remain like cottage cheese!
7. Never walk around your house or sit at your kitchen table without being dressed or ready to greet someone at the back sliding glass door. This includes ALL hours of the day - like 7:15am!!

4 comments:

The Ards said...

NO! Not undies you people!! I was referring to pjs!!!! :)

Brian said...

Tighty-whities? I guess I always thought of Jason as a boxers kind of guy.

Um ... not that I have spent any amount of time considering the question...

B

Anonymous said...

Hey Trina:

I'm living vicariously through you and your adventure in Guam. I have missed the ocean since I left Mexico in June. It seems like you are having a good time and the beaches look beautiful. I'm jealous :-)

Stephanie (from Amarillo College)

The Ards said...

Brian, scary that you are right - I don't want to know how you knew! :-)

Stephanie - come visit! You would LOVE it here and Ethan and Adysen would have a GREAT time!!