Thursday, February 07, 2008

Just an update

Well, I don't have pictures today, but figured it was time to post an update. Jason left last weekend for the states and things have been REALLY weird around here since then!!! Saying goodbye was very hard for us - being apart is never something that we have enjoyed! And, since he has always been home for the last year and 1/2, it was SO strange being here without him!! But, after a day or 2, things began settling down for the girls and I and we think we can survive the next 4 months now.

Jason started his new job on Monday and is really enjoying it so far. EVERYthing is positive about this job situation and we truly believe that it's an opportunity straight from God, so this gives me peace when I feel sad to be 1/2 way across the world from my husband!! We are very thankful that this opportunity came along and know that in the long run, it will all be worth it.

The girls are all doing better than I had expected. Adysen shows her emotions more than the others and she has had a couple of meltdowns, but nothing major. Adysen and Allie are going to small groups once a week at school with the school counselor for kids who's parents have been deployed. They get to share about their Daddys there and talk about how they miss them and make special things for them. They just started, but it's been good for them so far. They have many friends who can relate to being without their Daddys around here. It is definitely giving us a greater appreciation for what these military families go through!!!

We closed on the sale of our house in Keller yesterday which was a huge blessing for us!! We are now going to look for something closer to where I want to work and the biggest advantage is that we are going to get a 4 bedroom house so each of the girls can have their own bedroom. The little girls have always shared and it's TIME for them to have their own space!! We are SOOOOOOOOO thankful for the way that the sale of our house worked out - it could not have gone any more smoothly!! We do want to stay in the Keller area and have a couple of neighborhoods picked out that we'd really like to live in. As God has been ahead of us in everything so far, I'm sure He knows exactly where we will end up and He'll show us when He's ready!!! :)

That's about all the news for now!!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Hi Trina! Just wanted to stop in and say hello. What an adventure you've had!! I hope your time apart from Jason will be easy and stress-free.

I saw something and thought of you. Have you ever seen those neat coffee table books? Basically, you create your own book using your own text and pictures. Anyway, there's this company that will create a book from your blog. I'm thinking of doing it and wanted to share the link with you in case you're interested. A Guam book would be so cool! :)

Here's the link:

http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook?tag=1_sf

The Ards said...

Thanks for the link - I will definitely check it out! I am a scrapbooker, so most of the stuff I posted while we were on our trips and all of that, I printed and put in my scrapbooks. I also did a Shutterfly book with a bunch of the scenery pictures I have taken here. It would be cool to have the whole blog in a book though!!