Friday, May 11, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

As a mom, most of my days are consumed with working, packing lunches, trying to get places on time, reprimanding and reasoning, homework, cooking, laundry, bath time, fixing hair, cleaning and all the rest of the millions of things that have to be done every day. Today, however was a special day for me. I was treated to a program in Allie's kindergarten class where I was reminded of the blessings of being a mom instead of the chores that I usually find myself focusing on. I was presented with the most beautiful painted newspaper hat that I have ever seen (see the gorgeous picture below)

along with a tissue paper flower and a vase made from a Sunny D bottle. I also got a cookbook with a sweet picture of Allie in it along with her favorite recipe. Most importantly of all, I got to watch my sweet girl sing with her class 2 precious songs that brought so many tears to my eyes!!



After school, Adysen proudly presented me with a sweet card/story that she made for me (click on image to make it bigger and more readable) and I was reminded again of how lucky I am to be a mom to these 3 precious girls!











I have also had many thoughts this week of how very special my mom and Grandma are to me!! Without them, I would not have had the examples of patience, unconditional love and kindness that they have inspired me with. I am further blessed with 2 of the most wonderful mother in laws that I could ever imagine!! Each one of these women are wonderful Godly women who inspire me to be a better mom!!

I have to admit that most days I get carried away in "life" and forget how very blessed I am, but this was definitely a day for remembering.

No comments: